Tuesday, February 25, 2014
11 DAYS AND COUNTING
So in just a few short days we will be heading to the airport to leave this country. It has been a long time coming and I sure many folks are sick to death of me talking about it but it seems to have snuck up on me too!
What we have left to do:
Get clothes together & buy what is needed
Buy consumable supplies
Prepare my household & people for our departure
Finish paying for the trip
Pray
So a couple of those things I have already started. I have paid for the trip! I have made a list of clothing and other supplies and I am starting to prep this house for my absence. I have prayed some about it but I'll admit I don't feel like it is nearly enough. I have various things about the trip I need to pray about. First the obvious, that my time there will be well spent instead of me making a mess of what I am supposed to do. Second, that my family I leave here will do just fine without me and my baby boy won't FORGET me! Third, I won't get on my friends' nerves that are going with us. Next, that I will remember details to come home and tell people. Next, that I will really enjoy hanging out with my 2 oldest girls and they will do the same (they will be 13 & 15 when we get there so....). The last kinda silly thing is, I am mildly claustrophobic. I'm not afraid of the plane going down in a fiery crash but more so the tight quarters! I'm the kind of person that can't have the sheets too tight or I can't have someone sit on my legs. I had to psych myself up to go up the St. Louis Arch, the long line didn't help. I was fine once I was up there because I could walk around but the little dryer size tub they stuck me in to get up there was insane! It is stupid, I know. I just have to remember how stupid that sounds when I'm seat belted in with no clear path to the lavatory. I have to remember to not get all in my head, I will be fine. I will be fine. I will be fine. Now that I write that and re-read it, I see how utterly ridiculous it sounds but I also know some of y'all will totally understand. And no, a jack & coke won't help, A- I don't really drink and B- it is a mission trip!
OK, moving on. I want to ask my friends to pray for the same things. Especially my people at home. If you see Rusty at church don't judge if Finn is in his PJs, don't judge if Annabelle's hair isn't brushed and don't judge if Rusty has oatmeal on his back. He will have lots of help and everyone is taking shifts. I really don't think he will need any help other than what his mom and my mom provide. Adeline is very self sufficient. She likes to take care of details so I think even though she is 8 she will be a big helper.
So for those of you who haven't run into me in the last month here is a rundown of what we'll be doing all week.
1. Whatever I am asked to do.
2. Love on some kids.
3. And whatever else I am asked to do.
That pretty much sums it up.
When I get home, I'll give a much more detailed report. I plan on keeping a journal so hopefully between Abigail, Amelia and me, we will remember what happened!
If you would like to pray for us will you let me know. It is just reassuring to actually know names of people that are praying on your behalf!
Last little thing. To anyone who bought earrings, bracelets, necklaces, dressing, potatoes, let us babysit, dogsit, catsit, thank you. All three of us, plus my mom, sister and nephew, have worked really hard and are ready to see the fruits of our labor. There is probably no way to ever thank you enough for paying too much for a pair of snowman earrings or for just overpaying for a necklace. We will work hard and make every single penny worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment