Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finally getting with the times

So here we go with the first blog.  When I'll have time for this I have no idea but lets see how it goes.  I always seem to have the craziest stuff happen and I like to make fun of my own life by sharing these crazy things with other folks.  I also seem to have a lot of information to share, sometimes asked for most times not.  I'm a terrible writer, my sister is the one with the English degree, so forgive any punctuation errors or grammar problems.  I'll just start with a day in the life of the crazed eight Rileys...

Finn, the 3 month old, has been sleeping all night for a few weeks now, except he wakes up around 6:30am and now that I'm 35 years old I just get up that early, disgusting.  So this Saturday morning I was up at 6:30 to sit quietly and do whatever and I really just enjoy my cereal without Pitt begging for some of it.  By 8:30 everyone was up and Rusty and I were tackling the forever replenishing pile of laundry.  On a side note, we have gotten into the habit of standing in our laundry room together and folding the load in the dryer quickly.  It is actually kinda nice because it gives us time to talk for a few minutes.  There's another thing about being 35, I enjoy spending time with my husband folding clothes.  At some point in the morning I mentioned that Finn hadn't had a dirty diaper since yesterday which is great since for the last 3 months pretty much every single diaper has been dirty!  After lunch I, on a whim, decided to take Finn for his 3 month picture at Portrait Innovations, which will probably be his last professional photo ever.  For some reason we decided to take all the kids with us.  Rusty dropped me off and he took all the kids for a stroll around the mall.  There was a $7.99 deal this weekend so I was there with 87 other people and I tell you what, $7.99 brings out the best kind of folks!  So, I'm waiting our turn when Finn starts filling his diaper, very loudly.  Thankfully, there were tons of kids in there so no one could hear him.  He was laying on my chest and when I picked him up I had a poop stain the size of Shaquille O'Neal's shoe ALL OVER my shirt and Finn but more importantly my shirt.  I took him to the bathroom hoping I could wipe it off with some paper towels, HA!  No such luck.  I got him cleaned up and in the extra cute outfit I snagged as we walked out the door.  Thankfully, I remembered we had just picked up Abigail and Amelia from spending the night with Gran Gran and they still had their bags in the van.  I quickly texted Rusty to send Abigail in with a shirt from her bag.  She comes to save the day with a Collierville Dragons class of 2017 shirt. Anyway, Finn's pictures turned out great, of course, and I didn't spend a fortune.  I have learned after 6 kids how to not get sucked in by those crazy photographers and I can say no to pictures of my kids.  We came home to a yummy BBQ chicken dinner and my girls all spent 2 hours hanging out together.  11:30pm is here, I've been up almost 17 hours and I think I have finally finished my day. Back up and at 'em tomorrow morning getting 6 kids out the door by 8:55am for church.  There is my next blog topic, getting 6 kids to church without swearing.  

Now for the sweet picture of little Finn and I'll spare you a picture of the dirty shirt.  And no, that's not a tooth, just a glare .  Isn't he adorable!!


2 comments:

  1. Good job with the first blog! You made me laugh~what awful timing for him to have a blowout! You need to write about your shopping days and meals that you fix. :)

    He is a cutie. Welcome to blog~world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh he's adorable!

    ReplyDelete