So according to my last post we were supposed to be having a staycation week. I had planned out various things to do each day and different restaurant inspired dinners. Then life happened. The first day of our staycation was ruined by various mishaps. The next day we had our Mexican restaurant taco night and it was great. That started making up for the BAD day Monday.
Wednesday we spent the WHOLE day at the zoo with almost no one else there. It was hot but not crowded at all! At one point we were the only ones with the sting rays. I would put those on your list for the summer. It does cost extra but it was really fun. My 65 year old mama was sticking her hand right into that pool to pet the rays and sharks! I bet when she was my kids' age she could never have imagined touching a sting ray. We went to Jerry's Sno Cones after the zoo and waited in line 45 minutes for our supreme sno cones. I mean they were good but not sure I would make a special trip out there. Here's what I noticed while people watching, if you weren't wearing Chacos while waiting in line you were a loser! I'd say at least 3/4 of the people were wearing them. The other 1/4 lived in the neighborhood or was one of my crew! Here is what else I noticed, while 2 moms were talking, who later got into a van with a fancy private school bumpersticker, one of their kids was playing the trash/dirt beside the building. The boy was maybe 3! I laughed actually. After we got home everyone cleaned up and we went to church for various activities. Dinner was super late but it was a Polynesian themed pork dinner and delicious! I was wore out when I hit the bed that night.
Thursday was the day I thought I might go to the water park and then decided it was too stinking hot! We ended up cleaning and playing the Wii. Dinner that night was seafood restaurant inspired coconut shrimp from scratch and might I add delicious! A little night swimming to finish the day off so I didn't feel like it was a complete waste.
Friday my little Adeline went to Camp Big Enough, an all day camp at church. Bible studies, inflatable water slide, crafts and much more fun! I started my afternoon by picking her up at 4. Came home quickly changed and packed again for a slumber party and Annabelle packed for a sleep over too. I did some grocery shopping at Walmart for my mother-in-law who has a broken foot right now. I tell you what, shopping for someone else is hard! I didn't even know what some of the stuff was! I now know the various uses for jet dry. I dropped off her groceries and Annabelle, went straight to the slumber party to drop off Adeline and on my way home stopped by my grandmother's to check on her. My dad was trying to check her blood pressure for her and her toilet was running. I got the blood pressure monitor working and then had to run to Lowe's for a toilet part. Somewhere in there I dropped off my milk that I bought like an hour prior to that (it was good this morning still thank goodness!). Back to my grandmother's to help my dad fix her toilet and then home to squeeze in dinner. Friday's dinner was bar&grill themed bacon infused hamburger sliders. Yummy! Either I was super hungry because it was late again or Rusty cooked them to perfection, I'm going with the latter.
So now to Saturday, we finally needed to face the elephant in the room, the leaky shower pan that has buckled up over half of our bedroom floor and all of the closet floor. Rusty cleared out the closet, started moving furniture around and pulling up floor boards this morning. I tell you what, I have loved the wood floor laminate since the day we put it in, now not so much. The floor is ruined and probably cheap enough to come in right under our deductible but I called today to make a claim anyway. The shower pan has to be replaced, which means tearing the shower to the studs. The crazy part is we did this 5 years ago when we bought the house to this same shower and because I don't want to speak ill of the dead I won't mention what I'm thinking about the plumber that installed it! It's looking like we will have concrete floors in our bedroom for a while not to mention being down to 2 showers for a while too. I don't even want to ask the plumber how much! I'm totally being Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think about it tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day! Thankful it is not the whole house and thankful we have 2 backup showers.
On a much happier note, if you haven't checked out Amelia's earring line that she is selling to raise money to go to Guatemala in 2014 please check this link and pick something cute out! We are changing things constantly and making new stuff everyday so check back often!
https://www.facebook.com/kelly.j.riley/media_set?set=a.10151471175456126.1073741825.503271125&type=1
There's our week in what I thought would be a nutshell but it was so busy I turned it into a coco-nutshell. Check back next week for the insane adventures of the raccoon cat food thief!
No comments:
Post a Comment