Today is the day where all four of my girls went to public school. Yesterday, the oldest three started but today my sweet little baby girl went to kindergarten. I will start with yesterdays course of events.
The day began at 5:28 am. Abigail being in high school now needs to leave the house right before 6:30! Thankfully, Rusty can take her and her friend. I made her lunch and then we had to decide, paper sack or Vera Bradley lunch bag. We went with paper sack. She was not nervous at all and was dressed very nice in what we thought was dress code compliant. I went over with her a few times about where to go when she gets there, she had her map highlighted in her binder and she texted her friends at least 47 times each before she left. The time finally came for Rusty to leave with her and I watched her walk to his Explorer and climb in. I thought to myself, hold back the tears at least until she drives off. As they pulled away I felt the tears coming. Then I felt a little one at my side. Annabelle my super late sleeper had awoke before anyone else. I was really glad to see her, so I sucked up the tears and started my next round of getting on to school.
Round 2 began at 6:30 getting Amelia up and going to be on the bus at 7:25. She is not the morning person Abigail is and it takes her a bit to get going. She gets dressed in a super cute first day of school outfit and was actually ready early. Another lunch made, 1 more little one awake to add to Annabelle. At 7:05 she decided to go on out just in case the bus was early. If you were anywhere on facebook yesterday you would have seen that many buses in our new wonderful unified district never showed up. At 7:40 a neighbor took her to school and by 8am the bus still hadn't shown up. I didn't have time to worry because the next phase of my morning was starting.
Round 3 was to get Adeline up at to school by 8:40. She is a fantastic morning person. She is self driven to do each step of getting ready on her own without being reminded. She had a super cute very coordinated outfit on and was ready to go by 8:15! My mom came over to sit with the boys while I took Adeline in to her class. She is so independent and great at making friends I don't really worry about her. Not to mention one of her best friends is in the class. I got her in the building to her class and settled in her seat. She looked happy and excited to be there.
Round 4 of my morning is where it got crazy. Annabelle was meeting some other kids that were going to kindergarten for the first time at the park. While in a search of Pitt's shoes I turned around to find him pulling Finn off the couch. When I said "no!" he of course let go. And you know what happened after that. Finn was fine. I checked him over thoroughly. Pitt was very loving and brought him his paci and his own blankie. We decided to go on to the park. As I pulled into the parking lot what comes on KLOVE but Matt Maher's Lord I Need You (If you haven't heard it, I'm putting a link below). I thought I was fine with everyone going to school. WRONG!!! As soon as the music started I thought, NO NO NO, Lord, I can't handle this song this morning. I parked away from other cars so other mom's wouldn't think I was crazy for singing in the van. Then the first lyrics came,
"Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without you I fall apart
You're the one who guides my heart"
I just decided to let it go, just go on and cry. I was crying more I think than any other first day of school ever. As I'm sobbing I look up and My sweet friend with 6 kids and one also starting kindergarten had parked next to me. She mouthed through the window, are you crying! I rolled the window down and all I could say was, "the song." She turned her radio up and just boo hooed with me. I'll tell you what by the end I was praying the lyrics out loud,
"teach my song to rise to You
when temptation comes my way
and when I can not stand I fall on you
Jesus, you're my hope and stay"
I guess I should say thank you Lord for playing that song right when I needed to hear it. Annabelle had a great time at the park and played with her favorite friend that's a boy. By the time we got home I 2 hours until Abigail got back!
She got home to tell me all about the great day she had. She was seconds late to one class but she swore to run the next time. She gets this insane need to be early from her daddy! And it would seem what we thought to be dress code was not. She had a little chat with my former classmate and now assistant principal. By then it was pouring down rain and we kept looking out for Amelia's bus. 3:15, I wasn't worried, 3:30 still not worried. 3:45, I was getting a little worried, then I got a text from her via someone else's phone that said, "bus is late." I found out that she was still at school. My sister called me to say my nephew was on an bus and Amelia should be on the bus with him, but said Amelia is not on the bus! By 4:15 Adeline was home and we decided to call the school. Many students were still at CMS. Rusty left to go get her. When he got in the office it was full of angry parents wondering where the heck their kids were. She was on an unknown bus and they could not get in touch with the drivers. Well, she finally got home at 4:45 after being dropped in an unknown location. Thankfully, one of the girls that was also dropped off there knew how to get Amelia home, Amelia did not! It seems Amelia was assigned to a bus that doesn't exist. It was a crazy fiasco, it angers me greatly, but I need to let it go and just see how today goes. She took her phone today. Maybe I need Matt Maher again. I'll just say, MCS it took y'all one day to prove why your school system failed. Thank you for the hostile take over of our once wonderful school system.
We had a fantastic Back2School dinner with grandparents. A tradition that goes back to Abigail starting preschool. Dinner was delicious, all my babies were back home, homework was finished, I had filled all the proper paper work and put the ones needing money to the side. Everyone to bed by 9:30,after a little shark week of course.
Annabelle went to her first day of kindergarten this morning. She was really excited and feeling very independent, except she wanted Adeline to pick out her clothes. We had her super heros backpack, lunch box and water bottle ready to go with her princess shirt! She didn't want to hold anyone's hand walking in and went straight to her chair to get to work. It didn't hurt that her favorite friend that's a boy was sitting right across from her. I was trying my best not to get emotional as I walked home. Officer McKinney helped by pulling someone over right in front of me for speeding in the school zone. I'd never heard him use a stern voice before and it made me laugh! I will say, he smiled the whole time he was fussing at the guy!
I can not wait until 4:00 to find out how things went for Annabelle and for all the other to tell me about their day. Amelia better be home by 4:00 or this mama might get all Madea on some people. Who's gonna bail me out?
Sorry, it was so long, 6 kids equals long days.
Get your tissues and click here --- Matt Maher- Lord, I Need You
You are such an awesome mom!!
ReplyDeletethanks Letiticia!
ReplyDelete