Top 10 reasons I'm ready for my kids to go back to school...
10. Less arguing
9. Quieter
8. Lunch time in peace
7. No one bugging Pitt
6. Less people to wake up sleeping babies
5. The food bill will go down without people here eating ALL DAY LONG!
4. Less toilet paper used (4 girls)
3. No "can I" ALL DAY LONG!
2. No one saying 37 times in 37 minutes that there is nothing to do.
1. Less arguing.
Top 10 reasons I'm NOT ready for my kids to go back to school...
10. 5:30 am
9. Kids will be at 3 different schools on 3 different time schedules
8. No one to play with Pitt while I take care of Finn
7. No one to hold Finn while I take of Pitt
6. No one to leave Finn and Pitt with while I run an errand.
5. Homework
4. I will spend 1/2 of my day getting kids ready for school.
3. Too quiet
2. No one else here that can form complete sentences
1. No one to blame why I watched a whole hour of Disney Channel in the middle of the day.
The bottom list outweighs the top list. We (Finn, Pitt and me) are going to miss those girls. I'm psyching myself up for sending one to high school for the first time and one to kindergarten. I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry. I don't know which one I am more emotional over. Yeah, I've got 2 more at home, but sending that girl to high school/kindergarten is HARD! Sending one to kindergarten has not gotten easier over the years and I will assume that sending one to the sharks, I mean high school, doesn't get easier either. For us homeschooling is not an option right now. I want them in public schools. I want them to be a light in the dark world. This is my prayer today...
Dear Lord, I have trained up my girls in the way they should go and I pray that they do not depart from it. I pray that when they enter a situation that is not right they make the right decision. I pray that I haven't forgotten something to tell them, some little piece of advice that would help them. I pray that they have friends to sit by in the cafeteria. I pray if they don't have friends to sit by that the language around them is not too worldly. I pray that if it is foul they don't let it sink into their heart. I pray they have someone to walk home with or ride with on the bus. I pray that when "that kid" says something ugly they don't laugh. I pray that they are not "that kid." I pray they don't cry during the day. You know that is the worst thing in the world when one comes home and you found out they had cried during the day. I pray that the next 1460 days go so unbelievable slow for Abigail. (Just got misty eyed typing that last sentence) I pray they don't learn the hard way about why it is bad to gossip. I pray they find a young man that one day a long long long time from now will be Mr. Right. Lord, I am handing my kids over to you for 180 days, thank you that each one of them will be with a Christian at least part of the day. I pray that each one of those teachers will love my kids and teach them to the best of their ability. I pray that my kids will love each one of those teachers and learn to the best of their ability. Lastly, I pray that the next 1825 days for Finn go even slower than Abigail's 1460.
I'm not even going to say amen because this will be my ongoing prayer until 4:00 May 22, 2014.
Kelly...I love this post. And you have nothing to worry about with them...they will reflect the love of God wherever they go. They already do now. :). I'm praying they all have a great year.
ReplyDelete